Frequently Asked Questions



Sheriff's Office

  • How can I apply for a position with the Jasper County Sheriffs's Office?

    By completing this application and returning it to our office.

  • How do I contact the Animal Control Officer?

    You may contact the Animal Control Officer at (843)726-7519. This is the Jasper County 911 non-emergency phone number. Advise the dispatcher what the problem is, and they will forward the call to the Animal Control Officer.

  • How do I get a copy of an incident or case that was reported?

    You may request a copy at the Sheriff’s Office in the Law Enforcement Center or contact us at (843)726-7779 during our regular office hours. Please allow 10 business days for the report to be approved.

  • How do I obtain a Criminal history for a job application?

    You must log on to the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division’s website at This is a fee based system. The Sheriff’s Office cannot do a background check for something not related to a criminal investigation.

  • How do I report information about a crime to law enforcement without revealing my identity?

    The Jasper County Sheriff's Office is a member of Crime Stoppers. You can report information to them at (800)446-1006.

  • What is FOIA?

    The Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) is a law that gives you the right to access information from the government. It is often described as the law that keeps citizens in the know about their government. Click the Public Records hyperlink above for a list of files that are exempt from disclosure. For auditing purposes as of January 31st, 2024 we are updating our FOIA procedure. Click the link above for the FOIA request form and email the completed form with your state ID to We MUST receive your request via email. While we try to provide all requests in a timely manner, by law (if the record is no more than 24 months old) we have 10 business days to notify you of the records availability and an additional 30 calendar days to provide the record. If you need special accommodations in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) please call the Criminal Investigations Division and ask for Records Management at 843-726-7779. Click here for a list of files that are exempt from disclosure.
    Haga clic aquí para obtener una lista de archivos que están exentos de divulgación

  • what do i need to do to get fingerprinted?

    Fingerprinting is available by appointment ONLY. Concealed weapons permit fingerprinting is $5.00, and anything else is $10.00. We only accept cash payments for these services.

  • how do I pay a traffic ticket?

    We do NOT accept payments for traffic tickets. You may go to Traffic Court located at 967 Adams st, Ridgeland or call them at 843-726-7717 Monday thru Friday from 9:00 am to 4:30 pm. If you would like to dispute a ticket, please attend the court hearing date provided on your ticket.

  • How do i obtain a metal permit?

    Metal permits are issued for residents of the county you reside in. You will need to provide your ID and vehicle registration to apply. Approvals and denials are at the discretion of the Sheriff's Office. Permits are free to new applicants and renewels. There is a $10.00 charge for a replacement permit that is still valid. In order to better serve the public, we have made the metal permit application available online, with a pick up time of 1:00 pm - 5:00pm. Please bring your ID and the vehicle registration when picking up the permit. Applications can be emailed to
     Los permisos para metales se emiten para los residentes del condado en el que reside. Deberá proporcionar su identificación y el registro del vehículo para solicitarlos. Las aprobaciones y denegaciones quedan a discreción de la Oficina del Sheriff. Los permisos son gratuitos para nuevos solicitantes y renovaciones. Hay un cargo de $10.00 por un permiso de reemplazo que aún sea válido. Para poder servir mejor al público, hemos puesto a disposición la solicitud de permiso para metales en línea, con un horario de recogida de 1:00 p. m. a 5:00 p. m. Por favor traiga su identificación y el registro del vehículo al recoger el permiso.Las solicitudes se pueden enviar por correo electrónico a: 

  • How do i check to see if i have a warrant?

    You will need to come to the Sheriff's Office. Please bring your ID. Be prepared to turn yourself in, if you in fact have an outstanding warrant. Due to the respect of privacy this information will not be provided over the phone.