Will be responsible for refuse collections at all county sites. Will transport containers and ensure proper disposal of materials according to state/federal regulations. Incumbent is expected to inspect, operate and maintain truck as required. The successful candidate will report to the Director of Public Works or his designee.
· Performs routine repairs and maintenance on assigned equipment and replaces tires.
· Cleans vehicles and equipment.
· Completes safety inspections prior to operating equipment; operates equipment according to safety guidelines.
· Operates waste management truck.
· Transports containers from sites to landfill.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
· Knowledge of equipment operation guidelines.
· Knowledge of county and department policies and procedures.
· Knowledge of equipment maintenance and repair guidelines.
· Skill in the operation of assigned vehicles and equipment.
· Skill in the repair and maintenance of vehicles and equipment.
· Skill in oral and written communication.
· Ability to read, write, and perform basic mathematical calculations at a level commonly associated with the completion of high school or equivalent.
· Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duites of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years.
· Possession of a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL) issued by the State of South Carolina for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
Submit application to Jasper County Human Resources, PO Box 150, Ridgeland, SC 29936. Applications are available on-line or may be obtained in person at the Clementa C. Pinckney Government Building, 358 Third Avenue, Ridgeland SC 29936.
If an accommodation is needed in order to participate in the application process, please contact the Human Resources Office.
JASPER COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER