This position operates equipment in support of road construction, maintenance, and repair projects of Jasper County.
- Operates slope mowers, bush hogs, and weedeaters.
- Maintains county roads and drainage ditches.
- Maintains county rights-of-ways.
- Performs routine repairs and maintenance on assigned equipment; changes oil, repairs and replaces tires, and makes welding repairs.
- Cleans vehicles and equipment.
- Completes safety inspections prior to operating equipment; operates equipment according to safety guidelines.
- Assists in traffic control at work sites.
- Assists in the training of personnel.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Requires: Completion of automotive studies or similar discipline and minimum of 1 year related experience or experience equivalent to graduation from a technical or vocational school, a valid South Carolina driver’s license with CDL including appropriate endorsements (no points) and ability to work well independently as well as part of a team. Requires medium-to-heavy work that involves walking, standing, stooping, lifting, digging, pushing or raising objects and also involves exerting between 20 and 45 pounds of force on a recurring basis and up to 50-75 pounds on an occasional basis. Will be expected to perform duties in inclement weather.
Only applicants submitting a fully completed Jasper County application will be considered. Please submit completed documents to Jasper County Human Resources, PO Box 150, Ridgeland, SC 29936. Applications are available on-line or, may be obtained in person at the Clementa C. Pinckney Government, 358 Third Avenue, Ridgeland, SC 29936. APPLICANTS WILL BE DRUG TESTED AND MUST SUCCESSFULLY PASS A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK.
If an accommodation is needed in order to participate in the application process, please contact the Human Resources Office.
JASPER COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER