Frequently Asked Questions

  • Do I have to serve on Jury Duty?

    You must serve on jury duty unless: you are over 65 and choose not to serve; you have provided a doctor's excuse stating that you have an illness that will not allow you to serve; you have a child under the age of 7 and you do not work outside the home. Any other reason would have to be addressed by the judge presiding at the term of court. Under certain circumstances, you may be transferred to another term of court.

  • Does this office provide Criminal/Civil record checks?

    Our office does not provide record checks, however, you may access records by going to

  • Where can I research Civil/Common Pleas information online?
  • What form of payments are accepted for child support?

    Currently, we accept online payments. You can now make your payments using www.govpaynow.comor call 1-888-604-7888 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week). GovPayNet accepts all forms of credit (American Express, Discover, Mastercard, Visa) debit & prepaid debit cards (or any combination). A service fee is charged for the transaction.Your pay location code is 7245. In-house payments can be made by, cashiers check or cash no personal checks will be accepted.

  • How do I verify child support payments?

    All payment verification must be done via the automated information line. Please call 843-726-5630, and have your account/case number available. If you do not have your account number you may call your case worker at the numbers listed above on Monday,Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. NO CALLS ON WEDNESDAY.

  • What is FOIA?

    The Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) is a law that gives you the right to access information from the government. It is often described as the law that keeps citizens in the know about their government