This position is responsible for maintaining technology related systems and equipment for Jasper County Sheriff’s Office along with additional administrative duties, as required.
- Assist in the day-to-day operations of the Sheriff’s Office technology needs, including Mobile Wi-Fi network installation, implement system upgrades, install new and additional hardware and software as required, replace, repair, upgrade, and maintain system hardware and software, monitor and recommend improvement to operational performance and security, troubleshoot system problems, isolate the cause of system failures.
- Evaluate and analyze Sheriff’s Office information systems needs and requirements, develop and recommend application and resource priorities.
- Assist in developing and managing disaster recovery plans and procedures, in accordance with Jasper IT Department policies and procedures.
- Recommend the purchase of new supplies and equipment as necessary.
- Monitor the performance of the system, track possible problem areas affecting response time, prepare recommendations for correction of problems and improvement in performance.
- Manage the allocation of resources including disks, terminals, and memory.
- Ensure that the operational, environmental, and application software are kept up with current release levels.
- Analyze, configure, plan, install, maintain, and troubleshoot personal computers, cabling, and peripherals.
- Prepare specifications for bid documents; review and evaluate contracts and proposals.
- Work with designated vendor representatives to identify and correct causes of hardware and software malfunctions and to perform enhancements.
- Respond to and resolve inquiries and requests.
- Attend and participate in professional group meetings; stay abreast of new trends and technologies.
- Provide emergency response to reduce downtime, correct errors, monitor vendor activity, off-hours scheduled maintenance, and system failures, or on as- needed basis.
- Assist in developing, planning, implementing, and coordinating Sheriff’s Office goals, objectives, policies, and procedures with Jasper County IT Department.
- Mobile device management
- Perform any other related duties as assigned.
- Support peripheral equipment such as printers, scanners, etc.
- Operational characteristics, services, and activities of Information Technology.
- Modern and complex principles and practices of computer systems management and maintenance, including Wi-Fi networks for vehicles.
- Interpret and apply policies, procedures, laws, and regulations pertaining to assigned programs and functions.
- Office 365 and all related applications.
- Operation and care of computer equipment.
- Operating systems such as Windows, Androids, and Apple iOS, mini-computer applications.
- Techniques for providing a high level of customer service to public and Sheriff’s Office staff in person and over the telephone.
- Knowledge of CJIS compliance and be able to obtain certifications. Research, develop, and recommend cost-effective technical system improvements.
- Possess a valid Driver’s License
- Must have a clear criminal history
- Prepare and maintain accurate, complete, clear and concise records.
The work is typically performed while sitting, standing, walking, bending, crouching, or stooping. The employee frequently lifts light objects, occasionally lifts heavy objects, climbs ladders, uses tools or equipment requiring a high degree of dexterity, and distinguishes between shades of color.
The work is typically performed in an office and occasionally at outdoor facilities, where the employee may be exposed to dust, dirt, machinery with moving parts, cold or inclement weather. The work may require the use of protective devices such as mask, goggles, or gloves.
- 2+years’ experience
- Must demonstrate strong communication and documentation skills
- Hands-on experience with current Windows OS platforms
- Hands-on experience with various Microsoft Office suites
- Strong troubleshooting skills (hardware, software, and peripheral devices)
- Ability to effectively communicate issues to peers and management
- Must be able to work independently
- Must have reliable transportation
- Associates degree in Computer Science/Engineering or Information Technology or High School Diploma and 2+ years of work experience.
- CompTIA A+ Certification (Desired)
- CompTIA Network+ Certification (Desired)
Only applicants submitting a fully completed Jasper County application will be considered. Please submit documents to the Jasper County Human Resources Office, P.O. Box 150, Ridgeland, SC 29936. Applications are available on-line at http://www.jaspercountysc.gov or, may be picked-up in person at the Jasper County Human Resources, Clementa C. Pinckney Government Building, 358 Third Avenue, Ridgeland, SC 29936. APPLICANTS WILL BE DRUG TESTED AND MUST SUCCESSFULLY PASS A CRIMIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK.
Open Until Filled
If an accommodation is needed in order to participate in the application process, please contact the Human Resources Office.
JASPER COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER