We are looking to hire an experienced GIS technician to digitize and maintain our Emergency Services database with the compilation and analyses of GIS data. Candidate will be required to work on site – Ridgeland, SC. Your duties will include reading and interpreting maps and other GIS data, entering the data into the GIS database, and drawing maps using Esri software suite.
- Compiling geographic information in the form of satellite images, geographical surveys, and aerial photographs.
- Researching and verifying geographic data.
- Entering new data into the GIS database.
- Drawing maps using advanced computer software.
- Ensuring maps are annotated and compiled with the correct information.
- Compiling reports using all available GIS and GPS data sources.
- Maintaining the GIS database and troubleshooting data issues.
- Maintain confidentiality of work-related issues and County information.
- Performs other duties as apparent or assigned.
- The ideal candidate will possess a working knowledge of the ESRI ArcGIS Pro software Suite, ArcMap Desktop Suite and general GIS principles and concepts
- The individual should be detail-oriented and highly skilled using the ArcGIS editing tools, and should be familiar with shapefiles, personal/file geo databases, geo database topology and editing in a SDE multi-user database
- The candidate should be familiar with querying databases and be able to validate data
- The candidate must have the technical agility, focus, flexibility, enthusiasm and vision to complement and enhance the team.
- The candidate must be able to coordinate, plan, and support simultaneous tasks and GIS projects; query data; prepare and deliver reports to the immediate supervisor and others; use geospatial data in the creation and production of GIS maps and data; and communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Required qualifications include completion or near completion (in process) four-year college degree in GIS, Geography, or a related field, and proficiency with the ArcGIS 10.x Desktop software suite.
May be required to lift and carry items weighing up to 75 pounds. Worker is frequently sitting and occasionally requires standing and walking; vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels; work requires preparing and analyzing written or computer data and observing general surroundings and activities; work occasionally requires working near moving mechanical parts and exposure to outdoor weather conditions; work is generally performed in an office location.
The work is typically performed in an office and occasionally at outdoor facilities, where the employee may be exposed to dust, dirt, machinery with moving parts, cold or inclement weather. The work may require the use of protective devices such as mask, goggles, or gloves.
Submit application to Jasper County Human Resources, PO Box 150, Ridgeland, SC 29936. Applications are available on-line or may be obtained in person at the Clementa C. Pinckney Government Building, 358 Third Avenue, Ridgeland SC 29936.
If an accommodation is needed in order to participate in the application process, please contact the Human Resources Office.
JASPER COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER