Performs custodial duties in the maintenance of county buildings. Ensures all areas are clean and safe.
- Cleans restrooms, offices, courtrooms and break rooms; ensures they are well supplied.
- Cleans, sweeps, mops and buffs floors; vacuums and shampoos carpets.
- Dusts window ledges and furniture. Cleans glass.
- Collects trash and transports to dumpsters.
- Inspects buildings to identify problems or safety hazards.
- Assists in moving furniture.
- Other duties as assigned.
- County regulations, policies and procedures.
- Occupational hazards and safety requirements.
- Cleaning procedures.
- Safety policies and procedures.
- Use, maintenance and repair of hand tools and equipment used for custodial work.
- Cleaning chemicals and supplies.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
This job operates in a professional office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, dust, dirt, grease,moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. Requires the use of protective devices such as masks, goggles, or gloves.
- Ability to read, write and perform basic mathematical calculations.*
- Previous custodial experience preferred.*
- High School Diploma or GED
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Submit application to Jasper County Human Resources, PO Box 150, Ridgeland, SC 29936. Applications are available on-lineor may be obtained in person at the Clementa C. Pinckney Government Building, 358 Third Avenue, Ridgeland SC 29936.
If an accommodation is needed in order to participate in the application process, please contact the Human Resources Office.
JASPER COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER