This position is responsible for providing support and assistance with the day-to-day operations of the Ridgeland – Claude Dean Airport. Provide customer service to flight crews, passengers and general public. The position reports to the Airport Manager.
- Acts as day-to-day supervisor in the absence of the airport manager.
- Serves as point of contact for the dissemination of airport information with flight crews, airport staff and the general public.
- Coordinates customer services efforts with other airport employees, county employees, aviation fuel providers, hospitality, transportation and utility providers.
- Performs general administrative/customer service duties.
- Welcomes flight crews, pilots, passengers to the airport and coordinates service requests.
- Reports problems with aircraft or airport facilities to the airport manager, emergency medical, fire, law enforcement.
- Maintains and updates airport filing and records.
- Coordinates aviation fuel orders between flight crews and airport refueling staff.
- Coordinates receipt of aviation fuel bulk deliveries from fuel transporters.
- Processes aviation fuel orders at point-of-sale (POS).
- Assists with planning, coordination, and promotion of special activities and events.
- Keeps record of aircraft arrival and departure.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to think and act quickly in emergencies and to remain calm in stressful situations.
- Must be proactive and able to adapt quickly to changing situations.
- Knowledge of administrative procedures.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively through written and oral communications.
- Ability to use the internet to accept or disseminate information.
- Skill in the use of a computer and associated software and department specific software programs.
- Skill in interpersonal relations.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
The work is typically performed while sitting, standing, walking, bending, crouching, or stooping.
The work is typically performed in an office and occasionally at outdoor facilities.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 2 years customer service experience.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver's license issued by the State of South Carolina.
- Some knowledge of aviation and airports or willingness to learn.
- Supervisory experience.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated technical aptitude.
Only applicants submitting an application, resume and 3 letters of references (professional references only, please) to Jasper County Human Resources, PO Box 150, Ridgeland, SC 29936 will be considered. Applications are available on line at www.jaspercountysc.gov or, may be obtained in person at the Clementa C. Pinckney Government Building, 358 Third Avenue, Ridgeland, SC 29936. APPLICANTS WILL BE DRUG TESTED AND MUST SUCCESSFULLY PASS A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK.
Open Until Filled
If an accommodation is needed in order to participate in the application process, please contact the Human Resources Office.
JASPER COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER