This position is responsible for performing moderately complex technical account work in preparation and maintenance of the budget and accounts payable functions for the county government.
- Performs duties related to accounts payable and accounts receivable functions, including data entry, maintenance of vendor W-9 file, and collection of Certificates of Insurance.
- Maintains the vehicle fleet lease program.
- Matches invoices with purchase orders.
- Reviews financial invoices, credit memos, statements, and other financial information to identify discrepancies.
- Researches and resolves discrepancies in a timely fashion.
- Reconciles bank accounts maintained by the Finance Department and prepares checks for submission to the Treasurer.
- Prepares cash receipts documents.
- Prepares monthly checks to the Transportation Committee from the Legislative Delegation bank account.
- Assists with the preparation of financial and statistical statements and reports.
- Interprets and applies accounting policies, rules, and regulations to all work to ensure compliance with applicable standards.
- Compiles and prepares routine reports and summaries.
- Maintains digital and physical financial records.
- Enters financial transactions into the accounting database, including Excel and Word.
- Assists in the procurement process as needed.
- Participates in quarterly and annual audits.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of County accounts payable policies, internal control procedures, and cash receipts posting processes.
- Skill in the use of computers and various software programs, including Excel and Word.
- Skills in oral and written communication.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 Applications.
- Excellent attention to detail, accuracy, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently on assigned duties.
- Demonstrates an ability to manage a variety of priorities while meeting deadlines.
Must be able to operate a variety of machines and equipment including a computer, calculator, telephone, etc. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for periods of time. Must be able to lift and/or carry weights of five to fifteen pounds.
The work is typically performed in an office setting.
Only applicants submitting a fully completed Jasper County application will be considered. Please submit completed documents to Jasper County Human Resources, PO Box 150, Ridgeland, SC 29936. Applications are available on-line or, may be obtained in person at the Clementa C. Pinckney Government, 358 Third Avenue, Ridgeland, SC 29936. APPLICANTS WILL BE DRUG TESTED AND MUST SUCCESSFULLY PASS A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK.
If an accommodation is needed in order to participate in the application process, please contact the Human Resources Office.
JASPER COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER