Rhonda R Mitchell
P.O. Box 428
358 Third Avenue Suite 110-B Ridgeland, SC 2996
Phone: 843-717-3610 Fax: 843-717-3625
Office Hours: 9AM - 5PM Monday - Friday
The function of the Delinquent Tax Office is to investigate and collect delinquent on real and personal taxes, penalties and cost. The office attempts to locate and notify taxpayers of taxes owed and to maintain an accurate, up-to-date account of monies collected.
According to South Carolina Law, unpaid taxes become delinquent on March 17th of each year. The County Treasurer issues a Warrant of Execution to the Delinquent Tax Office for collection. The Execution Orders the Delinquent Tax Office (Tax Collector) in the name of the state to levy by distress and sell the taxpayers' property to satisfy the delinquent taxes, penalties, and costs.
This office does not accept payments via telephone services or online services. However, this office does accept cash, certified checks, money orders and credit cards however, please call the office prior to paying with a personal check. This office does not accept credit cards payments for properties sold at the Tax Sale. Properties must be redeemed with certified check, money order, or cash payments.
- Send out notices and collect delinquent Real and Personal Property taxes.
- Collect and process delinquent tax payments.
- Seize property for nonpayment in accordance with SC Code of Laws, Title 12
- Plan, conduct and manage tax sales.
- Accept change of address applications, routes them to the Auditor, Assessor, and Treasurer.
- File Proof of Claim with the Bankruptcy Courts.
Below are the tax sale procedures used to auction real estate to collect delinquent taxes in Jasper County, South Carolina. We do not issue tax lien certificates at the sale or at anytime during the year. Click the link below to view full details.