Jasper County Emergency Management
P.O. Box 1509
1509 Grays Hwy
Ridgeland, SC 29936
Office Hours: Monday-Friday 9:00AM-5:00 PM
What can you do to prepare for an emergency?
Have a family emergency plan. A family emergency plan will let the members of your family know what to do in the event of an emergency.
The plan should contain:
- Emergency contact numbers for the members of your family, the police department, fire department, emergency medical services, utility providers, and poison control.
- A map showing the escape routes from your house, and the assembly points so you can find each other after you get out of the house.
- A list of contact numbers for family members and friends outside of the immediate area that can be called in case local telephone systems are tied up.
- The location of your family disaster kit, and the checklist that keeps the contents of the kit up to date.
Possible major disasters in South Carolina include:
|Thunderstorms||Nuclear Power Plants|
|Wildfires||Severe Winter Weather|
|Dam Failure||Extreme Heat|
To learn more about the possible disasters and what you can do to guard against them click links above.
The Information provided above by the South Carolina Emergency Management website.
- 2018 South Carolina Hurricane Guide
- 2018 South Carolina Hurricane Guide (En Espanol)
- South Carolina Emergency Management Division
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- National Weather Service
- Nuclear Regulatory Commission
- U.S. Geological Survey
- National Hurricane Center
- National Homeland Security Knowledgebase
- Emergency Planning for the Elderly
- Disaster Preparedness for Seniors
- South Carolina Opioid Emergency Response Team