- Yes, Jasper County does offer an unpaid Summer Internship Program for
college students interested in gaining college credit for meaningful work
experience. Opportunities are available in all departments including Finance,
Administration, Emergency Services, Law Enforcement, Development Services,
Planning, and Public Relations.
- Yes, fully completed applications are required for all job vacancies. The
application requests information that is not traditionally included on a resume.
This information assists staffing specialists in learning more about the experience
and qualifications of the applicant. Resumes are welcome however, they may
not be substituted for the application form.
- Yes, you may apply for two positions using one application. The job title for
each position being applied for should be listed on the front page of the
application under the "Position(s) applied for" category. If applying for more than
two positions please use an additional application.
- Jasper County offers its employees a variety of benefits some of which
include: paid holidays, retirement, and health insurance.
- Yes, positions are routinely advertised in the Jasper County Sun, Hardeeville
Times, Beaufort Gazette, and Island Packet. On occasion, job vacancies are
advertised in the Savannah Morning News and Hampton County Guardian.
- Yes, vacancies are posted with professional organizations,
vocational/technical schools, area colleges, professional journals, SC
Employment & Security Commission, and other similar organizations.
- Employment Opportunities are posted on the Jasper County Website. For those individuals who do not have internet access, positions are posted at the Jasper County Clementa C. Pinckney Government Building, 358 Third
Avenue, Suite 212, Ridgeland, S.C. 29936.
- Employment Applications are available on the Jasper County web site at
www.jaspercountysc.org. Applications may be downloaded and mailed to: Jasper
County Human Resources, PO Box 150, Ridgeland, SC 29936. Applications are
also available at the Jasper County Clementa C. Pinckney Government Building, Human Resources
Department, 358 Third Avenue, Suite 212, Ridgeland, S.C. 29936.
- Applications will be maintained on file for active consideration for a period of 6
months. After 6 months, the applicant will need to renew/update their
- The Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) is a law that gives you the right to access information from the government. It is often described as the law that keeps citizens in the know about their government