Jasper County Government offices are closed to the public until further notice due to Covid-19. For any information, please contact the appropriate department by their phone number posted on our website.
As the County Administrator for Jasper County, I would like to welcome you to the county’s website and specifically to the County Administrator’s Office webpage. The County’s website contains a host of information about county departments, boards and commissions and related agencies. If you are unable to find a contact that you are interested in, or if you have a comment, question or concern, please email us. We welcome your questions and value your thoughts and suggestions.
Andrew P. Fulghum, ICMA-CM
Tisha L. Williams
County Administrator Bio
Mr. Andrew P. Fulghum is the County Administrator for Jasper County. Mr. Fulghum has served as the County Administrator for Jasper County since May 2004. Prior to serving Jasper County, he served in municipal management positions in the state of Maryland.
He earned a B.A. degree in Political Science from Salisbury University and a Master of Public Administration degree from Shippensburg University of Pennsylvania. He is a US Army veteran.
Mr. Fulghum is a fellow of the University of Maryland’s Academy for Excellence in Local Governance, a graduate of the South Carolina Executive Institute, and a Credentialed Manager.
Jasper County Government
The County Administrator is appointed by the County Council and serves at the pleasure of the Council. The County Administrator serves as the administrative head of the County Government and is responsible for the administration of all the departments of the County. The County Administrator may delegate any such authority to subordinate personnel he deems necessary.
The powers and duties of the County Administrator are defined in South Carolina Code of Laws, Title 4, Chapter 9, Article 7 Section 4-9-630 as follows;
(1) to serve as the chief administrative officer of the county government;
(2) to execute the policies, directives and legislative actions of the council;
(3) to direct and coordinate operational agencies and administrative activities of the county government;
(4) to prepare annual operating and capital improvement budgets for submission to the council and in the exercise of these responsibilities he shall be empowered to require such reports, estimates and statistics on an annual or periodic basis as he deems necessary from all county departments and agencies;
(5) to supervise the expenditure of appropriated funds;
(6) to prepare annual, monthly and other reports for council on finances and administrative activities of the county;
(7) to be responsible for the administration of county personnel policies including salary and classification plans approved by council;
(8) to be responsible for employment and discharge of personnel subject to the provisions of subsection (7) of Section 4-9-30 and subject to the appropriation of funds by the council for that purpose; and
(9) to perform such other duties as may be required by the council.