Click on a position to view more information.
All applications must be received by the posted deadline specified in the job listing for the vacancy. Where there is no date, the position will be posted until it is filled. Applications will only be accepted for positions that are currently vacant.
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$10.97 per hour
- Announcement Date:07/11/2019
JOB OPPORTUNITY NOTICE
JOB ANNOUNCEMENT DATE: July 11, 2019
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
Performs custodial duties in the maintenance of county buildings. Ensures all areas are clean and safe.
- Cleans restrooms, offices, courtrooms and break rooms; ensures they are well supplied.
- Cleans, sweeps, mops and buffs floors; vacuums and shampoos carpets.
- Dusts window ledges and furniture. Cleans glass.
- Collects trash and transports to dumpsters.
- Inspects buildings to identify problems or safety hazards.
- Assists in moving furniture.
- Other duties as assigned.
- County regulations, policies and procedures.
- Occupational hazards and safety requirements.
- Cleaning procedures.
- Safety policies and procedures.
- Use, maintenance and repair of hand tools and equipment used for custodial work.
- Cleaning chemicals and supplies.
- Ability to read, write and perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Previous custodial experience preferred.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED
Application Procedures: Submit application to Jasper County Human Resources, PO Box 150, Ridgeland, SC 29936. Applications are available on-line at www.jaspercountysc.org or, may be obtained in person at the Clementa C. Pinckney Government Building, 358 Third Avenue, Ridgeland, SC 29936. Closing Date: Open until filled
APPLICANTS WILL BE DRUG TESTED AND MUST SUCCESSFULLY PASS SLED CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK.
If an accommodation is needed in order to participate in the application process, please contact the Jasper County Human Resources Office, (843)717-3680.
JASPER COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER