Click on a position to view more information.
All applications must be received by the posted deadline specified in the job listing for the vacancy. Where there is no date, the position will be posted until it is filled. Applications will only be accepted for positions that are currently vacant.
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:Dependent Upon Experience
- Announcement Date:05/27/2020
JOB OPPORTUNITY NOTICE
JOB ANNOUNCEMENT DATE: May 27, 2020
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
POSITION SUMMARY: This position is responsible for providing clerical support to the court and maintaining records.
- Prepares the court schedule; sets hearing dates; mails court notices and cut-off dates.
- Assists with jury selection process; prints summonses; contacts jurors; maintains juror files.
- Updates court files and records case dispositions.
- Troubleshoots computer problems for the department.
- Prepares and types routine correspondence and forms.
- Prints checks for Family Court.
- Assists the public with locating and obtaining information and filing paperwork.
- Enters data to the court’s database.
- Establishes and maintains court files; pulls case files for court proceedings.
- Maintains daily log of all court documents processed.
- Assists judges and attorneys as requested.
- Prepares and sends notices of delinquent child support payments.
- Receives, date stamps, and processes warrants; maintains warrant log.
- Assists bondsmen with bonds and releases; maintains copies of all releases and surety certifications.
- Collects court fines and fees.
- Answers the telephone and provides information regarding court operations.
- Processes incoming mail.
- Posts child support payments and garnishments.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of court policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of laws and regulations affecting Clerk of Court operations.
- Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, and equipment.
- Skill in performing basic mathematical calculations.
- Skill in operating such office equipment as a computer, calculator, typewriter, copier, and facsimile machine.
- Skill in troubleshooting and correcting computer problems.
- Skill in scheduling and calendar maintenance.
- Skill in public and interpersonal relations.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
Application Procedure: Only applicants submitting an application to Jasper County Human Resources, PO Box 150, Ridgeland, SC 29936 will be considered. Applications are available online at www.jaspercountysc.gov
APPLICANTS WILL BE DRUG TESTED AND MUST SUCCESSFULLY PASS A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK. APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled.
If an accommodation is needed in order to participate in the application process, please contact the Human Resources Office.
JASPER COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER