Director of Engineering Services
623 Live Oak Drive Ridgeland, SC 29936
Phone: 843-726-7740 Fax: 843-726-7743
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 7:30 AM - 4:30 PM
The Engineering Services Division has a variety of responsibilities including maintenance of roads, signs, construction, maintenance of storm drainage, the working of roads and ditches, maintenance on all the county buildings, all county recycling centers, the central garage and mosquito control. These services are provided throughout Jasper County.
The Jasper County Engineering Services Division manages seven sub-departments
- This department is responsible for the administration of the Engineering Services (Public Works) department and includes all record keeping, bidding, purchasing, personnel records, budget preparation, and administering, issuing receipts for some.
Roads and Bridges
- Responsible for the maintenance of all Jasper County roads and bridges.
- Responsible for the day to day maintenance of all county buildings and grounds
- Responsible for the maintenance of all county vehicles and equipment
Solid Waste Recycling Centers
- Responsible for the hauling of all solid waste for six county-owned Recycling Convenience Centers
- Litter Control is responsible for the supervision of Solid Waste Drivers, supervises the day to day operations of six Recycling/Convenience Centers and answering complaints and enforcement of Jasper County Litter and Junk Yard Ordinances.
- Responsible for the spraying of all areas in Jasper County for mosquitoes.