JOB OPPORTUNITY NOTICE
JOB ANNOUNCEMENT DATE: April 22, 2019
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
TITLE: Administrative Assistant to the Jasper County Legislative Delegation
LOCATION: Jasper County Legislative Delegation Office, Ridgeland, SC
SALARY: Range beginning at $14.76 per hour
POSITION SUMMARY: Will provide administrative assistance and support to the Jasper County Legislative Delegation. Provides information and assistance to the public on behalf of the Delegation. Creates and distributes communication materials including letters, reports, notices and other documentation associated with Delegation activities. Incumbent is expected to work under minimal supervision and with complete discretion. (Incumbent will be hired by and serve at the pleasure of the elected officials).
- Coordinates daily administrative/clerical functions of the department; may evaluate office procedures and make recommendations for improvements as needed. Periodically audits files for accurate recordkeeping.
- Maintains records regarding the commissions, boards, and agencies to which the Delegation makes appointments/reappointments.
- Processes all new/renewal Notary Public Commission applications.
- Types, proofreads, copies and files documents, as needed; prepares reports and other official documents; coordinates and participates in special projects.
- Receives, opens and distributes mail; orders office supplies; collects and maintains copies of receipts, financial records, etc.
- Answers the telephones; provides accurate information to callers and/or forwards calls to appropriate personnel; takes messages as needed; greets and assists office visitors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Skill in report preparation and records maintenance.
- Skill in public and interpersonal relations.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of legal or public policies.
High School diploma; some college coursework preferred. Minimum 3 years of increasingly responsible office administration experience; proficiency with Microsoft Office products and general computer skills; excellent written and oral communication/public relations skills; ability to work independently and exercise good judgement and discretion. Dictation and transcription skills required. A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation is required for daily travel to multiple locations within Jasper County and other locations, as necessary. Some experience working in a legal or public policy environment is helpful.
Application Procedure: Submit completed application and resume to Jasper County Legislative Delegation Office, PO Box 2433, Ridgeland, SC 29936. Applications are available here or may be obtained in person at the Mary Gordon Ellis Building, 651 Grays Highway, Ridgeland, SC 29936. APPLICANTS WILL BE DRUG TESTED AND MUST SUCCESSFULLY PASS A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK. Closing Date: Open until filled.
Jasper County is assisting the Jasper County Legislative Delegation by providing an online application and assisting with publicizing this vacancy on their behalf. All hiring, firing, salary, benefits, and job supervision will be at the discretion of the Jasper County Legislative Delegation.
If an accommodation is needed in order to participate in the application process, please contact the Jasper County Legislative Delegation:
Phone: (843) 726-6019
Fax: (843) 726-5068