Click on a position to view more information.
All applications must be received by the posted deadline specified in the job listing for the vacancy. Where there is no date, the position will be posted until it is filled. Applications will only be accepted for positions that are currently vacant.
Administrative Assistant to the Jasper County Delegation
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:Range beginning at $14.76
- Announcement Date:04/08/2019
JASPER COUNTY LEGISLATIVE DELEGATION
JOB OPPORTUNITY NOTICE
JOB ANNOUNCEMENT DATE: April 9, 2019
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
TITLE: Administrative Assistant to the Jasper County Delegation
LOCATION: Jasper County Legislative Delegation Office, Ridgeland, SC
SALARY: $14.76 per hour
Essential Tasks: Tasks listed below are those that represent the majority of the time spent working in class. Management may assign additional tasks related to the type of work, as necessary.
- Coordinates daily administrative/clerical functions of the department; may evaluate office procedures and make recommendations for improvements as needed. Periodically audits files for accurate recordkeeping.
- Maintains records regarding the commissions, boards, and agencies to which the Delegation makes appointments/reappointments.
- Processes all new/renewal Notary Public Commission applications.
- Types, proofreads, copies and files documents, as needed; prepares reports and other official documents; coordinates and participates in special projects.
- Receives, opens and distributes mail; orders office supplies; collects and maintains copies of receipts, financial records, etc.
- Answers the telephones; provides accurate information to callers and/or forwards calls to appropriate personnel; takes messages as needed; greets and assists office visitors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: High School diploma; some college coursework preferred. Minimum 3 years of increasingly responsible office administration experience; proficiency with Microsoft Office products and general computer skills; excellent written and oral communication/public relations skills; ability to work independently and exercise good judgment and discretion. Dictation and transcription skills required. A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation is required for daily travel to multiple locations within Jasper County and other locations, as necessary. Some experience working in a legal or public policy environment is helpful.
Application Procedure: Submit completed application and resume to Jasper County Human Resources, PO Box 150, Ridgeland, SC 29936. Applications are available on-line at www.jaspercountysc.org or, may be obtained in person at the Clementa C. Pinckney Government Building, 358 Third Avenue, Ridgeland, SC 29936. APPLICANTS WILL BE DRUG TESTED AND MUST SUCCESSFULLY PASS A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK. APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until Filled .
Jasper County is assisting the Jasper County Delegation by advertising this vacancy and collecting applications/resumes on their behalf. All hiring, firing, salary and benefits and job supervision will be at the discretion of the Jasper County Delegation.
If an accommodation is needed in order to participate in the application process, please contact the Jasper County Human Resources Office, (843)717-3680.
JASPER COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER