Click on a position to view more information.
All applications must be received by the posted deadline specified in the job listing for the vacancy. Where there is no date, the position will be posted until it is filled. Applications will only be accepted for positions that are currently vacant.
Court Clerk-Hardeeville (Part-Time)
- Salary/Pay Rate:$12.73 per hour
- Announcement Date:05/13/2019
Duties: Will provide part-time administrative and clerical support in the Hardeeville Magistrate’s Office. The incumbent will be responsible for receiving and processing all Magistrate Court documents, as required. Work will be performed under the supervision of the Magistrate Judge.
Job Tasks: Represents the majority of the time spent working in class. Management may assign additional tasks, as necessary.
• Processes civil cases, ordinances, violations, small claims, criminal warrant cases and other legal documents.
• Collects civil filing fees and issues receipts.
• Maintains diary of civil cases; monitors critical deadlines; schedules cases for non-jury trials.
• Uses the case management system software program, enters citations into the computer, prepares dockets; collects fines; disburses fines to county treasurer; disposes of citations and reports to SCDMV.
• Creates and processes criminal warrants; submits to Sheriff’s Office for service; schedules hearings and court dates; notifies all interested parties.
• Prints and mails letters for jury trials; schedules jury trials and enters into court docket; maintains juror records; issues juror checks.
• Notifies victims of bond hearings; notifies victims of the release of inmates/defendants.
• Transfers cases to other courts as warranted.
• Accepts and posts bond payments; disburses payments to appropriate court agencies.
• Balances cash against daily receipts, prepares and makes bank deposits, prepares monthly reports of monies collected and cases processed, reconciles bank statements, and disburses funds to the appropriate authorities.
• Prepares various reports on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
• Attends court sessions and provides general clerical assistance: disposes of cases on docket; issues bench warrants; continues cases; sends paperwork to appropriate agency.
• Assists the general public by telephone and in person with the filing of civil cases and issues that may arise regarding traffic citations and answering other questions related to court business.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Requires high school diploma, some college strongly preferred. Minimum 2 years related administrative/clerical experience, strong organizational skills and ability to perform multiple tasks successfully. Position requirements also include: excellent customer relations skills; ability to perform mathematical calculations; excellent verbal/written communications skills. Familiarity with computers and knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and other computer software, knowledge of basic accounting practices are also required. The employee must be able to work independently as well as part of a team. Knowledge of Case Management Systems software desired. Ability to speak English and Spanish considered a plus.
Application Procedure: Submit completed application and resume to Jasper County Human Resources, PO Box 150, Ridgeland, SC 29936. Applications are available on-line at www.jaspercountysc.org or, may be obtained in person at the Clementa C. Pinckney Government Building, 358 Third Avenue, Ridgeland, SC 29936. The selected candidate will be drug tested and a criminal background check will be conducted. APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled.
If an accommodation is needed in order to participate in the application process, please contact the Jasper County Human Resources Office, (843)717-3680.
JASPER COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER