Click on a position to view more information.
All applications must be received by the posted deadline specified in the job listing for the vacancy. Where there is no date, the position will be posted until it is filled. Applications will only be accepted for positions that are currently vacant.
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:15.51 per hour
- Announcement Date:03/21/2019
JOB OPPORTUNITY NOTICE
JOB ANNOUNCEMENT DATE: March 21, 2019
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
POSITION SUMMARY: This position is responsible for supervising and performing maintenance and repair duties at county parks and recreational facilities.
Performs general building facility maintenance including sweeping, mopping, waxing floors, and making minor plumbing and building repairs.
Performs general grounds maintenance at parks and recreation facilities including mowing grass, trimming weeds, trimming hedges, picking up trash and debris, and blowing leaves.
Inspects facilities after use for any damages or litter and ensures that all county owned property is accounted for.
Oversees and participates in the maintenance of Sergeant Jasper Park including building maintenance, irrigation, trail maintenance, and bridge maintenance.
Maintains assigned tools and equipment, including tractors, mowers, and vehicles.
Responds to emergency calls at southern end facilities after normal working hours and weekends.
Operates heavy equipment as needed.
Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of the standard practices, methods, materials, and tools of the electrical, plumbing, and carpentry trades.
- Knowledge of state, county and department policies and procedures, including safety and OSHA regulations.
- Skill in using a variety of hand and power tools and grounds maintenance equipment.
- Skill in operating heavy equipment such as tractor, backhoe, front-end loader, and flatbed or dump truck.
- Skill in performing plumbing, electrical, and carpentry repairs.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
Application Procedure: Only applicants submitting an application, resume and 3 letters of references (professional references only, please) to Jasper County Human Resources, PO Box 150, Ridgeland, SC 29936 will be considered. Applications are available on line at www.jaspercountysc.org or, may be obtained in person at the Clementa C. Pinckney Government Building, 358 Third Avenue, Ridgeland, SC 29936. APPLICANTS WILL BE DRUG TESTED AND MUST SUCCESSFULLY PASS A CRIMIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK. APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled.
If an accommodation is needed in order to participate in the application process, please contact the Human Resources Office.
JASPER COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER